Bloomin’ Brands employees and dependents enrolled in a UnitedHealthcare medical plan are eligible to participate in the Maternity Support Program. This program is available to females only.
The Maternity Support Program helps you achieve a healthy, full-term birth. UnitedHealthcare provides 24-hour access to experienced OB nurses, access to UHC’s online Healthy Pregnancy Owner’s Manual, and other educational materials.
Earn a $100 Health Reward for enrolling in the Maternity Support Program during you or your spouse’s first trimester. Learn more about Health Rewards.
The following are delivered by an experienced OB nurse:
- Preconception health counseling
- Pregnancy risk screenings
- Educational resources, including telephone-based consultation on nutrition and fitness, healthy lifestyle choices, and financial and emotional considerations
- Development of a Care Plan, in partnership with your physician, for high-risk pregnancies
- Pre-delivery consultation
- Post-delivery and early-life parenting support
Why it’s important
In the United States, 1 in 10 babies are born prematurely. Premature births can lead to long-term intellectual and developmental disabilities for babies. The medical costs in the first year of life for a preterm baby are almost $50,000 more than for a healthy baby. Source: www.marchofdimes.org
Download the UHC Healthy Pregnancy app
The mobile app gives mothers-to-be convenient access to helpful and important resources designed to help you take steps toward a healthier pregnancy and help prepare you to welcome the newest addition to your family.
With the Healthy Pregnancy app you can:
- Connect in real time with a maternity nurse 24/7.
- Share real-time data with nurses to support high-risk care.
- Receive easy access to health plan resources and information.
- Stay informed about doctor’s appointments.
- Check pregnancy-related symptoms.
- Track milestones throughout the pregnancy.
- And much more.
Access to the app is available at no additional cost to you as part of your health benefit.